1. The BMI Apprentice of the Year 2021 (Competition) is organised by BMI Group UK (promoter), BMI House, 2 Pitfiled, Kiln Farm, Milton Keynes. MK11 3LW
2. The Competition is open from 08:30 on 1st September 2021 to 15:00 18th November 2021.
4. Entry to the Competition is open to residents of the UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man and the Republic of Ireland aged over 16 years.
5. Entries from employees of the promoter, agents, third parties or consumer groups will not be accepted.
6. To be eligible to enter the BMI Apprentice of the Year competition you must be a roofing apprentice or student working towards qualified status. Entries will be verified with training groups, colleges and employers.
8. To enter, the online entry form must be completed in full. All questions must be completed accurately and to the best of your knowledge, including contact details of your employers and education group so that your apprenticeship can be verified.
9. All entries must be submitted in English, submitted online only here.
10. All entries must be received by BMI UK & Ireland by 23:59 1st October 2021. BMI UK & Ireland accepts no responsibility or liability for any lost or incomplete entries and all such entries will be deemed invalid. Proof of dispatch shall not be proof of entry.
11. Only one entry per person. Multiple entries from one person will not be accepted.
12. Entries will be judged by a panel of BMI UK & Ireland judges. The judges reserve the right to re-classify or reject any entry that does not comply with the requirements of these Terms & Conditions. No feedback will be given on individual entries. In all matters, the decision of the judges shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
13. Finalists will be announced on the 11th October 2021 and notified within 5 working days.
14. If the Promoter is unable to make contact with a finalist within 5 working days, the promoter reserves the right to select another finalist.
15. To be eligible to participate entrants and their tutor must be available to attend the Apprentice of the Year 2020 final on the 17th and 18th November 2021 at the BMI Academy, South Cerney Plant, Broadway Lane, South Cerney, Cirencester, Gloucestershire, GL7 5UH.
16. Entrants agree to participate in the BMI Apprentice of the Year 2021 final, being judged and taking part in associated activities. The final will take place at the BMI Academy, South Cerney, Gloucestershire on the 17th and 18th November 2021. By taking part in the final you also agree to be represented in trade press and to take part in promotional photography throughout the duration of the Apprentice of the Year 2021 event.
17. Finalists will be judged by a panel of BMI UK & Ireland judges and a panel of industry judges. In all matters, the decision of the judges shall be final.
18. Accommodation, dinner, bed and breakfast for finalists and their course representative will be provided and approved travel expenses shall be paid by BMI UK & Ireland.
19. Winners of the competition exclude employees of the promoter and their immediate families, its associated agents or anyone professionally associated with the administration of this competition.
20. The Winner will be announced at the Apprentice of the Year final awards dinner held on 18th November 2021.
21. The BMI Apprentice of the Year winner will receive:
1 x £1000.00 cheque
1 x goody bag filled with a selection of items provided by our goody bag partners.
Free training at the BMI Academy from 18th November 2021 to 30th June 2024.
22. By entering you agree that your entry may be used by BMI UK & Ireland for our normal commercial purposes including publicity and marketing, and that you will participate in interviews and photographs with media. By entering the competition, you agree to such use without restriction or condition including allowing us to use photographs from the event of yourself for promotion of the event. BMI UK & Ireland shall be entitled to edit or amend your entry as it sees fit for these purposes.
23. These Terms & Conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
24. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, cancel or withdraw the competition and to amend these Terms & Conditions at any time without notice. Promoter: BMI UK and Ireland, BMI House, 2 Pitfield, Kiln Farm, Milton Keynes MK11 3LW.